Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Die Cast cars


Ok, I'll admit it, I have a secret collection of model cars. I only collect one kind of car and in only one scale. I am totally obsessed by 1/18 scale BMW E30 M3 DTM race cars. I currently have 17 of them. Not all of them, but pretty close. I'm missing one of the two "Tic-Tac" cars and I don't have either of the BMW issued E30 M3 "Art Cars" -- mostly because they really aren't race cars.

There are only two companies that make these models (AutoArt and Minichamps) and April marked the Minichamps release of the the 1988 "Eifelrennen Nuerburgring" winner driven by Kurt Thiim. It the first new car in a couple of years.

I have a rule that I won't pay over $100 shipped for any car. The best deal I have found on-line is for about $120 shipped so I will keep shopping. E-Bay is a great source for these.

UPDATE June 23, 09: I bought a #31 (as above) for $95.45 shipped on eBay.

No comments: