Sunday, July 05, 2009

Back on Track

I got the M3 (and rebuilt motor) back from the shop a few days ago and have put ~250 miles on it. It feels pretty good. The Vorshlag mounts are mighty stiff and cause a big increase the noise and vibration -- these are not for street cars. The upside of all that noise is that the feel of the shifter is fantastic. The LTW flywheel is a nice improvement and makes the car feel faster if only a little bit.

I'll be heading down to Pueblo for the NASA event this weekend -- which almost didn't happen due to low attendance -- only a last minute plea for drivers saved it.

This will be my first weekend with the enclosed trailer. I got a proportional trailer brake controller installed and a 7" drop hitch last Tuesday. I scored a nice set of "T hook" tie down straps on Ebay. I'm taking Friday off to set up the trailer for the first time.

No comments: